To help make the most of your time and enjoy a relaxing holiday, we’ve put together some ideas for you.
From food boxes to butchers and farm shops we have plenty of choice locally:
- www.thecornishfoodboxcompany.co.uk – deadline 16th December for a Christmas box.
- www.stkewfarmshop.co.uk 01208 841325 – pop into the shop or pre-order a delivery.
- Turkey: www.williamsbutchers.co.uk 01208 812304 or www.banburysturkeys.co.uk
- www.trevathanfarm.co.uk – farm shop & gift shop 01208 880248.
- www.padstowfarmshop.co.uk – farm shop on the outskirts of Padstow. Huge selection of Cornish food gifts 01841 533060.
- www.angelsinthekitchen.co.uk – freshly prepared, high quality frozen meals delivered direct to your cottage which can be cooked from frozen.
- Book your supermarket slot as soon as possible or arrange a click-and-collect.
If you’re hoping to eat out on Christmas Day, there are a few options, but we would recommend booking as soon as you can:
Molesworth Arms, Wadebridge – www.moleswortharms.co.uk 01208 812055.
Port Gaverne Hotel – www.portgavernehotel.co.uk 01208 880244.
Red Lion, St Kew – www.redlionstkew.com 01208 841271.
Hustyns, Near Wadebridge – www.hustyns.co.uk 01208 893700.
WHAT’S GOING ON?
As well as wild walks on the beach and dips in the sea for the very brave, there are all sorts of activities going on locally and throughout Cornwall.
- Heligan Night Garden www.heligan.com – lanterns and lights in the magical gardens.
- Trebah Garden of Light www.trebahgarden.co.uk – lantern trail and lights in the tropical gardens.
- Tunnel of Lights www.shipwreckcharlestown.co.uk – a magical arctic experience in the tunnels of Charlestown.
- Christmas Lights – Padstow puts on a good show, or venture all the way to Mousehole to see its famous harbour lights www.mouseholelights.org.uk
- Visit Father Christmas and go ice skating at the Eden Project www.edenproject.com
- Duchy Nursery – from 18th December until Christmas Eve, follow the reindeer trail around the garden www.duchyofcornwallnursery.co.uk.
- Penzance – 21st December the weird & wonderful Montol Festival of the Winter Solstice www.montolfestival.co.uk and you could book a swim in the geothermal pool at the Art Deco Jubilee Pool www.jubileepool.co.uk
- Walk to the St Kew Inn (approx 45 minutes) and get a horse drawn carriage back! 07548 424868 https://www.ansomecarriagescornwall.com FB: @ansomecarriagescornwall
- Book a ride on the Santa Special at the Bodmin & Wenford Railway www.bodminrailway.co.uk
- Bodmin Jail have a “Naughty or Nice” Victorian Christmas experience throughout December www.bodminjail.org
PANTO TIME (oh yes you do!)
- Cinderella at the newly refurbished Hall for Cornwall www.hallforcornwall.co.uk
- Aladdin at the Princess Pavilion in Falmouth www.miracletheatre.co.uk
- Winter Woods with the Rogue Theatre www.rogueotherworld.co.uk
Finally, we’d like to invite you to Christmas carols and mince pies with St Minver Silver Band on Christmas Eve at 4pm in our lounge area.