AccessibilityAt The Olde House we are working towards complying with W3C Web standards in content and accessibility guidelines. We are continually making improvements to meet these guidelines, and our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Page structure is conveyed using header elements.
- A stylesheet is used on our website and relative font sizes on all text with the exception of graphical text.
- Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the "view" option in your browser.
- Images that convey important information have alt text. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alt text will be left blank.
- Company branding is conveyed using colour, this is also used as an aid to navigation when looking at different destinations. Color is not used to convey any other other message.
- A site map is available to provide information about the layout of the website.
- Three scales of navigation are available to aid movement throughout the site.
Downloading pdf documents
To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources. Adobe also has a free online conversion tool for pdfs. Please visit Adobe here
The standard support browser versions are:
Internet Explorer v6.0, v7.0 and v8.0
To learn more about web accessibility visit the RNIB Web Access Centre
To obtain a copy of the screen reader click here JAWS
If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch by filling in our contact form