Here's how to get to your Cornwall cottage
Getting to us is easy. But there are a few little villages to travel through, and a few small winding roads. If you’ve got SatNav, tap our postcode (PL27 6EN) in and you’ll be here in no time. If not, here’s some help.
From the M5:
- From Exeter, take the A30 past Okehampton and the Launceston by-pass.
- At the village of Kennards House branch left then at the roundabout take the third exit towards Camelford (A395).
- When it joins the A39, fork left and follow the A39 through Camelford towards Wadebridge. Eyes peeled for the brown tourist road signs on all approaches to The Olde House.
- Look out for a sign about a mile from St Kew filling station marked Chapel Amble. Take the right turn into Chapel Amble.
- Nearly there!
- Ridgeway Park is immediately on your left hand side.
- Turn right at the next T-junction for The Olde House or Penpont Mill is directly opposite this T-junction.
- Travel down this road for approximately one mile.
- The Olde House is on the left, just before the small bridge at the edge of the village.
- Call in at reception in the main farmhouse and we’ll get your keys and help you find your cottage.
- Drop your bags and put your feet up. There’ll be a Cornish cream tea waiting for you.
- Along the A39 towards Camelford, turn left at the first Chapel Amble signpost.
- 1 1/2 mile further along this road on the left hand side is Penpont Mill.
- Drive one mile further along this road and The Olde House is on your left just before the small bridge at the edge of the village.
- Greenbank is situated in the village on the right hand side of The Malsters Arms Public House.
- The Retreat is the third house on your left when entering the village.
- Smeathers is a little further on. Go past the village P.O and The Pottery. Take the St Minver road for approx 1 1/2 miles. On a sharp left hand bend you will see a Public Footpath sign on your right hand side together with a slate sign for Smeathers. The farmhouse is at the end of the driveway.
We’re just a 20 minute drive from Newquay Airport. If you’re coming to Cornwall by air you’ll find plenty of taxis at the airport to bring you to The Olde House.
Come out of Bodmin Parkway and turn left onto the A38, travel through Bodmin and follow the A389 towards Wadebridge. At the large roundabout at Wadebridge, take the third exit towards Camelford. You can now follow the directions above from Wadebridge.